8118 Law represent clients in all areas of family & children law in the Family Court, High Court, or in the Court of Appeal, including:

  • Domestic violence and non-molestation injunctions
  • Child residence and child arrangements orders
  • Prohibited steps orders
  • Divorce
  • Financial settlement following divorce
  • Schedule 1 applications
  • Property disputes
  • Child abduction
  • UK and international relocation

Whether you are considering starting a case and just need advice, need representation at an upcoming court hearing, or need to appeal a decision that has already been made, help is just a telephone call away. Advice can be given over the telephone or as a full written opinion. You can get assistance in starting an application including the preparation of court forms and witness statements. When it comes to the court hearing, the barrister can represent you in any court across England and Wales.

Direct Access Barrister – No Solicitor Required

This is possible because the barrister is authorised to conduct litigation, and can even go on the court record and handle the day-to-day running of your case. This can lead to savings of thousands of pounds, ensures that you will have a single point of contact throughout the life of your case, and gives you the peace of mind that the person who is representing you has been with you throughout.

Legal Aid

Instructions are accepted regardless of whether you have been granted legal aid and already have a solicitor, or where you choose to pay privately and instruct directly. If you are unsure about whether you might be eligible for legal aid, you can call today for advice and be sure that you will be put in touch or directed to a firm to obtain legal aid if available.

Legal Aid or Private Funding

Legal aid is where the state will fund your case and pay your legal representatives directly. It is usually means or merit tested, and not everyone qualifies. If you do qualify, you may be asked to pay a contribution towards your legal costs. If you choose to privately pay, the amount you pay may end up being less than the contribution you are asked to make by the legal aid agency.

Legal representatives are poorly paid for private family legal aid cases and most firms must take on a high volume of cases to survive. This means your legal representative cannot devote as much time to your case as he otherwise could. At 8118 Law, fewer cases are taken-on to ensure more time can be dedicated to each client’s case than a busy solicitor’s firm which may have hundreds of other cases to deal with.

Because legal aid is state funding, there are restrictions and limitations on what your legal representatives will be paid to do for you. No such restrictions or limitations exist when you fund your own legal case.

Legal aid is usually only available through a solicitor. It will then be the solicitor who instructs the barrister on your behalf. If you want the barrister to represent you through legal aid or a solicitor, you should ask your solicitor to get in touch by calling 0345 257 1981 as soon as possible.

Regardless of whether you instruct directly or through a solicitor:

  • You will be offered free initial telephone advice.
  • Every client is guaranteed the offer of a conference with the barrister before their court hearing.
  • The barrister will try to make himself available for conferences at a time that suits you.
  • You can communicate with the barrister by phone, e-mail, WhatsApp, MS Teams, or Zoom.




  • Domestic Violence and Injunctions
  • Child Contact
  • Prohibited Steps Orders
  • Child Abduction
  • Relocation and International Children Law
  • Schedule 1 Applications
  • Divorce and Matrimonial Finance


  • Contract & Money Claims
  • Landlord & Tenant
  • Property Law
  • Wills & Probate


  • Violence including Assault, ABH, GBH
  • Theft, Robbery, & Burglary
  • Possession and drug related offences
  • Speeding, Driving while under the influence, & other Road Traffic Offences